DIY Classroom Message Wreath


Happy summer sweet teacher friends! If your summer hasn't quite started yet, I hope it's only a few short school days away. One of my favorite things about summer is reflecting back on the past year and thinking about the year to come. It is both a blessing and a curse. While I LOVE to create things for my classroom, I find myself every single summer wanting to update ALL.THE.THINGS! Wasn't it just nine months ago that I swore I would love that bulletin border until I died or retired? Oh well, people change!

Here's a peek at some pieces I have collected for my classroom next year. I can't wait to put it all together, but that's another post for another day! (If you can't wait, you can find all of the labels and posters in my Teachers Pay Teachers store now! Just click here)


One part of my classroom that hasn't changed in the past decade has been the wreath on my door. I adore having a wreath at the entrance to my classroom! However, after ten years, my wreath is a bit more outdated and dusty than homey and welcoming. It was time for a change! I had a vision in my head of what I wanted. I wanted something with faux boxwood, because it looks great all year, it adds a little color, and it makes me feel like I am part of Fixer Upper. Plus, I wanted to be able to easily change how it looks throughout the year if I wanted an updated.


I am thrilled with the way it turned out! Meet my Classroom Message Wreath! You can change the posters inside the frame to make your door look fresh all year! The update only takes about 30 seconds, and it gives the wreath a whole new look!


This project is really, really simple. Here are the supplies you need:
Faux Boxwood Wreath (I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)
Certificate Frame (I got mine at Walmart for $1)
Roll of  Wide Wired Ribbon (I got this at Hobby Lobby too)
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Scissors

Before you get started, remove the glass and backing from the certificate frame. Keep the backing- you need it! I didn't want to hang any glass on my door so I disposed of the glass. You should take all of the ribbon off the spool too. Now you're ready to get started!


Voila! Do you love it??  Me too! You can download this "please and thank you are still magic words" poster for free here! I feel like this poster would also be fitting as a bummer sticker or a tattoo- what happened to manners??

I plan on switching out my posters throughout the school year. I printed and laminated a set so they are ready go whenever I want to slip a new one into the frame! Here are some of my favorite designs. You can download them all here!





I can't wait to get my wreath hung up on my classroom door! I will be sharing more classroom finds and updates soon!


3 comments

  1. I just adore this wreath - such a cute idea! I am hoping to make one for my classroom, but when I click on the link for some of your favorite designs it takes me to the Blogger sign in page not to the actual posters. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks again for sharing this adorable idea with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing. What size is the frame? Did you use an over the door hanger to hang the wreath on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top