Wordless Wednesday Science Nerd

Sorry friends...I have been neglecting you.  It's been ages since my last post, but I am thrilled to finally link back up with the fantastic Miss DeCarbo for Wordless Wednesday!

I LOVE teaching science! Inspiring kids to love science is what motivates me to make great science plans.
When I started lesson planning for science this month, I was looking for a new experiment for my kiddos. I turned to my dad who is a retired science and horticulture teacher for a little inspiration. He taught me some AMAZING facts about acorns, and I found some incredible resources online (...and I got some super lesson plans written too!)


My little guy and I had a great time doing this experiment together to find out if acorns sink or float.


Do you know the answer??!! 
Or do you know any other amazing fall facts?

To learn more about this lesson, just click here.

2 comments

  1. This sounds like a great autumnal experiment and all children love getting to have a go with water (even the much older ones). I like collecting leaves with the children at this time of year and really noticing the differences between them, finding out which trees they belong to and talking about variation in nature :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a great lesson on observations for us too! Our school is surrounded by beautiful trees. I may do a leaf collection and analysis next week. Thanks for sharing your ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top